The Vision West ND Foundation broadens opportunities for Western ND communities to improve value of place and establish long-term sustainability.
It was created to build two primary funding sources to support the activities of the Vision West ND Consortium and the areas it serves. One fund is a project-oriented non-endowed account established so funds can be easily accessed for projects and operations. The other fund is a sustaining endowment established to use the interest this account earns to serve communities over the long term.
Get more information on the Vision West ND Foundation:
We encourage social groups, community organizations, businesses, agiencies, and individuals who have an interest in western ND to contribute to the Vision West ND Foundation and Endowment Fund. Gifts of all sizes are encouraged and accepted.
Read about the benefits of our Foundation Partnership with North Dakota Community Foundation (NDCF): NDCF/VISION WEST PARTNERSHIP.
How will your funds be used?
Vision West ND will use funds and donations to:
- Sustain communities through direct support to help create local value and quality of place
- Provide educational and research-based resources, such as our workplace, housing, and population projections for our region and our Main Street Success Project, which provided planning data for downtown development
- Maintain the GoLocal! ND project facilitated to help communities understand the importance of local community engagement
- Build collaboration between local, state, and national experts to guide us in sustaining our economies during times of economic growth and downturn
- Encourage philanthropy and gift planning to empower financial institutions to come on board with our efforts
- Provide gap funding to build and deepen the services and businesses that can be provided in the communities
- Legacy planning to support those who love their community, have an idea how to benefit it, yet need some tools to help put that idea in place