Role of the Consortium
General Responsibilities of a Consortium Member
Vision West ND will continue to identify opportunities and challenges, solutions and resources to create sustainable communities for the future of western North Dakota. To do so, Vision West ND will implement the recommendations identified in the Vision West ND Regional Plan.
The Consortium was formed to assist, support, and provide education for the communities in the 19-county region that comprises the member counties of the ND Association of Oil and Gas Producing Counties.
The specific role of each consortium member is to:
- Actively promote Vision West ND and its work within the 19-county Vision West ND region, specifically within the county, organization, agency or business the member represents
- Regular attendance and participation at Consortium meetings; for voting members, name a proxy representative when attendance is not possible
- Have knowledge of and be familiar with the Regional Plan for Sustainability
- Report the activities of Vision West ND on a regular basis to the member’s representative body (county, tribal government, regional council, college/university, Southwest REAP, ND Association of Oil & Gas Producing Counties, associate agencies and businesses, etc.)
- Establish policy and guidelines for the Vision West ND Consortium to function operationally
- Serve as a member on a committee or committees of interest
Leadership/Member Responsibilities and Administrative Procedures
The Consortium is comprised of voting members as outlined in the organizational guidelines; two advisory team members (USDA-RD and the ND Dept. of Commerce); associate members; and partners. The consortium administrative team is contracted to handle the day-to-day tasks of the consortium. The administrator and his/her team provides assistance or counsel as requested.
Process for Initiation of Plan Recommendations, Priority Areas, or Consortium Projects
All members are encouraged and invited to bring their ideas for priority consideration to the Consortium. The first step is to contact the Vision West ND administrator at email@example.com and ask to be placed on the executive team agenda prior to a consortium meeting. The executive team will discuss the idea and determine if it fits into the Regional Plan for Sustainability. Once the executive team has determined the idea should be considered, the administrator will move the idea forward for full Consortium approval.
Approved: Febuary 11, 2016